As you will be aware from both the local and National media, there will be no examinations taking place in the summer of 2021 as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In place of examination results students will receive a centre assessed grade which is based upon a portfolio of evidence collated by their subject teachers.
The portfolio may contain a range of evidence dependent on the subject. This could include:
- Assessments based on exam board provided materials.
- Non-exam assessment work (often referred to as coursework).
- College devised tasks that reflect the specification, format and marking of the awarding body.
- Substantial pieces of class or homework where appropriate.
- Internal tests and mocks taken by students during the course of study.
- Records of a student’s capability and performance over the course of study in performance-based subjects such as music, drama and PE.
If you require any further information on how assessments will take place during 2021 please contact the college and ask to speak with a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Exam Results Day
- Tuesday 10th August 2021 – A level Results day
- Thursday 12th August 2021 – GCSE and VTQ results day
Year 13 students can come between 9:00 – 13:00 – main reception
Year 11 students are allocated a time slot, allocation by surname;
- A-E between 9:00 – 10:00
- F-J between 10:00 – 10:30
- K-O between 10:30 – 11:00
- P-T between 11:00 – 11:30
- U-Z between 11:30 – 12:00
Please collect your results from the main reception, you will need to wear a mask and sanitise your hands on arrival. Please bring a pen to sign for your results. If someone is collecting them on your behalf you will need to write them a letter giving them permission.