Free School Meals
As a parent or carer of a child at The Manor Academy, we would like to make sure you are aware of the criteria for eligibility for free school meals. The current economic climate may now mean you can receive additional funding for your child’s education.
Students eligible for free school meals have credit automatically added to their account each day to the value of £2.30, and pay using a biometric fingerprint scanner. You can see what your child has ordered by logging in to ParentPay and adding additional funds if you wish.
Students can spend this money at our catering facilities on any food items they wish or purchase the meal deals on offer which are all priced at £2.30.
Your child may be entitled to free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit – provided you have an annual net income of no more than £7,400 a year, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods), this is after tax and does not include any other benefits you may receive.https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/eligibility
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for the 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals. The process of applying is straightforward and through Notts County Council.
If you think you may be entitled to free school meals please contact Notts County Council, either by following the link: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/education/school-meals/free-school-meals-and-milk
If your child receives Free School Meals and you need any further support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org