At Manor we strive to create:
- Aspirational students who are motivated, self-regulating and successful learners.
- Caring young people with high moral standards that reflect an ever-changing Britain, who will make a positive contribution to local and wider society.
- Confident, creative and happy young people who enjoy their learning journey, in a safe and healthy environment.
- A curriculum which is inspirational, providing opportunities for the intellectual, personal, social, emotional, cultural and creative development of every student.
- A curriculum which encourages equality and tolerance.
- Provides students with a voice which is valued, and puts students’ needs at the heart of the curriculum.
- Promotes excellence in a culture of high achievement, where all students can achieve in relation to their starting points and success is celebrated.
Underpinning those aims is our overall strategic intent to develop a curriculum which:
- Is broad and balanced.
- Creates a culture of high achievement for all students.
- Allows all students to progress, no matter what their starting point or individual need.
- Allows all students to achieve and celebrate success.
- Supports and challenges all students.
- Provides appropriate continuity and progression between the key stages, using assessment intelligently to inform the next steps their learning.
- Provides clear and relevant pathways for learning and the flexibility to respond to developing needs, interests and contexts.
- Provides high quality Careers Education and Guidance thus ensuring that all students are prepared for their next steps at each stage of transition, and for future employability.
- Maintains the highest standards of literacy and numeracy across the curriculum so that students have essential skills for life.
- All students to experience the full curriculum before specialising, and for maximum learning time to be made available in order to allow for success.
- Aspire to ensure all students make progress in line with, or exceeding, national expectations.
- An induction programme that smoothly integrates students into KS3, building on the skills and knowledge from KS2.
- A continued commitment to the creative, artistic and sporting elements of the curriculum; both in the classroom and through our extensive enrichment opportunities.